Riboflavic

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Amarilys

* orginally penned in spring 1991*

a name after the amaryllis
sweet scent of lilly

a coveted herb

soothing body and soul

warming smile of a flower

soft petal skin

becons the spring meadow

into your world

walk trough the lush clover

feel the breeze of her friendship

and her soft giggle

sparrows cheerfully frolic

dancing in the air

like her fingers dance their intricate drama

characterizing the memories

that she knows so well

one, all to bitter

as the taste of the weed

which infests the meadow

and fouls the air

what could have hurt such bueaty

and betrayed a loving heart

so full of trust

now sick with naivety

and saddend with pain

she does not feel like a lilly

anymore

she feels like the weed

look through my eyes

see you as I do

amaryllis so bueatiful

smile cheering my life

as the flowers in the meadow do

I see soft eyes straining

no fogging the pain from view

of your heart

how I wish to hug

hold

and wipe the tears away

yet my wishes are also fogged

hidden not from heart

from mind

and from my judgement

so my jovial fasacde can keep babbling on

and prevent the water of emotion

from washing the petals

of such a sweet flower


Amarilys

may I

hear the sparrows sing and the robins play

in you





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home