Riboflavic

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Giver

why did you show me a world
with so much beauty that i never imagined

why did you take my vision of love
and make it so plain
why did you give me all this
then leave me with pain

I would have been fine
just remaining numb
living a simple life
just playing dumb

but you came along
walked into the room
opened my eyes
and teared them so soon

you made me believe
everything was right
with me and my soul
such a wonderful sight

your lies were so sweet
and promises weak
I lived on each word
still when you'd speak

you built up my world
gave it real meaning
then tore it right down
my heart left bleeding

I never saw it coming
I truly believed
could not comprehend
how you could just leave

does it give you any joy
to know I'm this way
barely holding on
to my life every day

I wonder aloud
as I lie in my bed
my pillow bearing witness
to the tears that I shed

there is blame that is mine
my heart letting you in
but having faith in love
is my only true sin

I breathe and I breathe
for the hear and the now
you won't ruin my life
for this I do vow

we danced the dance
I played in your game
but someday I'll love
though I won't be the same

one day I will cherish
a love that is new
and find the one truth
I couldn't get from you

I'll awake each morning
with a purpose to try
stop searching for reasons
of why you chose goodbye

I won't go on living
just trying to cope
I will look to the future
find my reason to hope






*originally written at 12:05am february 12th 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home